Goodbye Heroes :(
(maybe site relaunch soon?)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
04/16/14, 01:34:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
300x250
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 3x20 - Cold Snap  (Read 32339 times)
TRu
Administrator
Extraordinary!

View Profile
« on: 03/22/09, 08:57:25 PM »

Talk about episode 3x20 "Cold Snap" here! Grin

TRu
Administrator
Extraordinary!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/09, 02:44:30 PM »

Early reviews have this episode being the best since Company Man (my favorite episode)!
Link to Review

With Season 1 writer Bryan Fuller back on board maybe we can look forward to Heroes getting back on track!  I'm actually pretty excited about tonight's episode!

Don't forget to post your thoughts after the show! Grin
Emiko Ishimura
Superhero!

Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/23/09, 08:06:47 PM »

Just back from watching the episode and..

1. How did Eric get captured? What made him suddenly wake up then go asleep?

2. Can not effing believe Rebel was actually Micah. Kind of disappointed at how anti-climatic the reveal was, I expected someone more unpredictable. And is it just me or did his voice really deepen? Jesus puberty. Not really complaining, just wished Rebel's identity would remain a mystery for a little longer.

3. Tracy's death: most beautiful scene to lead to a character's death. Really emotionally impacting. I thought Tracy was only going to freeze the soldiers, but apparently had herself frozen as well. Even though I never liked her character, her death was very saddening.

4. How the hell did Peter know Angela was trapped in that elevator car at that instant?

5. Daphne's death - another extremely saddening character death, why the hell did she have to die? I thought it was extremely wonderful how Matt used his telepathy to give Daphne a "magical" moment in her last few seconds of life. She didn't even know she was going to die.

6.  Next episode: seems like Sylar is going to work with Danko?

Long-time heroes fan has returned.
Isaac Mendez
HeroesTV Team
Extraordinary!

Winter is coming...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03/23/09, 08:15:50 PM »

I totally agree with you on both of the deaths. I think that this episode was morbid/beautiful. I am really sad but antsy to see the new epi. I heard that...

(click to show/hide)
Deceit
HeroesTV Media
Extraordinary!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 03/24/09, 12:07:25 AM »

1. This episode was a classic. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to the hype, but it did. I wasn't really digging the comedic approach with Hiro and Ando at first, but  I enjoyed it this week. The bonus to that was that we finally got to see an ability manifest itself within a baby. We always hear about certain characters having their ability since birth, but these are characters who are in their 30s or 40s. Baby touch and go is awesome. My only question is...with Ando appearing in the Dragonball movie, was that move he did really necessary? That's the second time this season he's done it, and both times it reminds me that he's in that awful-looking Dragonball film.

2. I'm actually really glad that Micah turned out to be Rebel. It was entirely too predictable, that much is a given. However, I really hate when shows go out of the way to surprise the viewers. I don't want an entire storyline to change because I and many others figured one minor detail. Don't cut off the nose to spite the face. Also, puberty, holy crap.

3. Tracy stole the show. I can't quite explain why, but this is the only Ali Larter character I've been able to sit through. Not only that, but Tracy is high up on my character list (even number one from time to time). Also, I really don't think anyone should be shocked that Tracy is going to come back. You don't have to read spoilers. Just pay attention to the scenes. Most people picked-up on what looked to be a tear rolling down what was left of her face. However, very few seemed to notice the blink of her eye. I'm interested to see if this larger display of her ability opens up new avenues, such as using water instead of just ice. Maury was leaps and bounds beyond his son, and he originally had the same ability. Let's hope Tracy can do the same.

4. Daphne died. I was upset. I don't want to say much more or else I'll start feeling bad again.

5. We need a damn explanation for Danko running the operation for the government. That camera clearly stopped recording before Danko shoved Nathan out the window in the previous episode. Yet here we are, one episode later, and Nathan is gone. The only eye-witnesses were Danko and Noah. Of course it could've been Noah doing Angela's bidding. Which might make sense, considering they discuss Nathan eventually forgiving Angela.

Great episode. Maybe having the return of a season one writer really does help. Let's not forget season one had a dud of an ending though. I'm cautiously optimistic.

TRu
Administrator
Extraordinary!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03/24/09, 12:34:57 AM »

I was pretty impressed with this episode as well.  A bit shocked at the deaths, but that is what made season 1 great.  All those surprises and twists from season 1 (although some cheesy), is what really made the show worth watching, to see what would happen next.

I figured Rebel was Micah, although I too wish they made a bigger impact as to how he was revealed.  I read a comment on here, that someone thought Rebel was Micah AND Molly working together.  Now that would have been really cool and cute! Cheesy

The Tracy death scene was pretty cool, but did she really have to sacrifice herself?  Couldn't she have just froze everyone and ran away?  Ahh well, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Ali Larter anyway.

Hiro and Ando had some great moments with the baby.  Baby Matt with a power and Hiro regaining his should again set them on the right track (storyline wise).

Daphne's death was the shocker to me.  She was a cool character and she was definitely growing on me.  Great goodbye scene though.  Matt flying really confused me at first!  Cheesy  I wonder how this will play out as Matt's future vision won't come true.

I hope this is the turning point for the series, and Heroes will return to being a great show with consistent episodes through the end of this season, and into season 4.  I still don't know how this season will be ending though.  What's the climatic ending plot?  They'll have to be closing it up pretty quickly.  Bringing Sylar into the mix would be a good start.  I guess we'll have to find out next week! Grin
PhantomLord
Mini Hero!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03/24/09, 04:25:39 AM »

Great great episode!!!
It was obvious from the beginning that Micah was with the rebel, but I never thought that he actually WAS the rebel, because come on, he is just a kid to be able to plan and scheme.
I saw Tracy blinking, I think she is like a T1000 but made of water, not liquid metal. I bet she will assemble herself back somewhere in the sewage Grin
Hiro & Baby Matt were hilarious!!! I'm glad that Hiro has one of his abilities back, boy he needs it.
It's still unclear how the puppet man got into Danko's apartment. According to how fast it was, it could be Sylar, but what's the point for Sylar to do that? Danko doesn't have anything Sylar might ever need, even if he does, Sylar can simply take it away without getting friends with Danko.
I still have a feeling that Micah isn't the Rebel, that there's someone else either behind him or with him.
And the Tracy blinking her eye was something!!

P.S. Just saw the preview, looks like it really was Sylar.
« Last Edit: 03/24/09, 04:31:08 AM by PhantomLord » Logged
HiroesFan
« Reply #7 on: 03/24/09, 08:02:41 AM »

An extremly, super-cool and very good episode. And it seems like something like this hasn't happened for a long time. Brilliant. Outstanding. I wish that a tv-series episode could get an Oscar.

When Micah appered i was like "Yesssssssssssssss!" I know that i wasn't one of the many people who believed the Rebel to be Micah, but seeing him again... Cheesy

DAPHNE DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
IT WAS SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, i said it already in other discussion, but still. Only now i see how much i liked her. But from the moment she said "let me go", i burst into tears. And then that computer thing in the hospital... Cry Cry Cry        It was so sad.... In a way i think, "The writers suck, they killed Daphne, they're stupid etc." But on the other hand, her death was so beautiful, that you should thank them. Tears, tears, tears....

I was confused when pete showed up in the elevator. First off, how? Although it was pretty cool. Like everythig in this episode. And when they were in Statue of Liberty... I kind off missed that part 'cos i barely saw anything, 'cos my eyes were filled with tears. DAPHNE! (Sorry. I swear, I'm trying to calm down all the time)

I loved the Hiro/Ando/Matt Junior story. I think that it balanced the ep well, since Tracy's and DAPHNE'S storyline was so EXTREMLY sad. but when Junior kept putting the TV on I was like "C'mon, don't you see? he's a super-baby!" It took a time from Hindo to realize it.

But absolutely, if i should jugde it, from 1-10 i would say 1000000000000000000000000000000000000
Grim Reapster
Extraordinary!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03/24/09, 10:56:12 AM »

Yeah I've got to agree with all of you...best episode in a long time.

I've been slowly losing my interest in the show for awhile now, but this episode has reminded me why I liked it in the first place. I just hope it's not a fluke.... Undecided

I wasn't surprised at all that Rebel was Micah since he's the only character we've seen that can manipulate machines...other than Hana. But in my opinion Hana, or a new character, would have just been lame. So I'm glad they brought Micah back.

The Tracy thing was weird. The way she went out, sacrificing herself to save Micah, was pretty cool. So far the coolest thing she's done. But the frozen chunk of head with the one winking eye.....strange.... Undecided

That scene with Daphne on the roof threw me at first. When Matt started to float, the first thing I thought was "The show just jumped the shark". First Matt starts painting the future, now he's flying? Then I started to suspect that maybe it was Sylar somehow disguising himself as Matt. But that just didn't fit. He doesn't have either of those powers. Then I realized the truth, and felt like a dumb-ass for not realizing it sooner... Grin

And yeah it was a touching death scene and it was done well. I think that Daphne was right about them not really being right for each other. Their relationship seemed forced from the beginning. And now that Matt's ex-wife seems to be coming back into the picture, maybe there will be a reconciliation between them.

The Hiro and Ando scenes were great, although Ando does look like some character from 'Street Fighter' when he throws his lightning. As soon as baby Matt turned on the TV I knew that he would be able to reactivate Hiro's power. Though it's odd that he still can't teleport. Maybe now Ando can supercharge Hiro back to full power.

Personally I think that they should introduce Peter to baby Matt. Maybe he can fix whatever's wrong with his ability.... Wink

"THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!"
Trypanosomiasis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03/24/09, 10:25:10 PM »

Loved the ep.  Best in a long time.  Not really much to say except I agree with you guys on the whole.  Only thing is that I looked everywhere and I didn't see that James Kyson Lee was going to be in the DB movie at all!  I really don't think he's in it lol  Roll Eyes
Emiko Ishimura
Superhero!

Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03/24/09, 11:44:53 PM »

That reminds me, I laughed like mad when Hiro stopped time (thanks to Matt Jr.) and wheelbarrowed Ando out the house, with Ando still frozen in his "struck" pose.

And again, this is definitely one of the best episodes so far. Good laughs, sad tears.

Grim Reapster
Extraordinary!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03/25/09, 09:23:07 AM »

That reminds me, I laughed like mad when Hiro stopped time (thanks to Matt Jr.) and wheelbarrowed Ando out the house, with Ando still frozen in his "struck" pose.

And again, this is definitely one of the best episodes so far. Good laughs, sad tears.

Which reminds me, why didn't Hiro just unfreeze Ando?  We've seen him do this before.

Don't get me wrong, it was funny, but totally unnecessary.... Roll Eyes

Speaking of funny, how about that scene with Hiro and Ando hiding in the closet ET style? I just about laughed my ass off.... Grin

"THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!"
Hellish Gnome
HeroesTV Team
Extraordinary!

Beware those who are small and lurk in gardens....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03/26/09, 07:59:08 AM »

I thought it was a really great episode. Two really touching character deaths and some other amazing scenes. I'm so glad Micah was Rebel. I was really worried we'd never see him again.

Come with me to HELL    We have cookies! Grin

Emiko Ishimura
Superhero!

Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03/26/09, 10:33:53 AM »

Which reminds me, why didn't Hiro just unfreeze Ando?  We've seen him do this before.

Speaking of funny, how about that scene with Hiro and Ando hiding in the closet ET style? I just about laughed my ass off.... Grin

To paraphrase Hiro, the baby ("Baby Touch-and-Go") didn't fully activate all of Hiro's powers, meaning while he could stop time, that's all he could do. No teleportation, no "unfreezing" a single person, nothing fancy. Hiro was not actually the one in control of his powers, Matt Jr. was.

Grim Reapster
Extraordinary!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03/26/09, 11:03:55 AM »

To paraphrase Hiro, the baby ("Baby Touch-and-Go") didn't fully activate all of Hiro's powers, meaning while he could stop time, that's all he could do. No teleportation, no "unfreezing" a single person, nothing fancy. Hiro was not actually the one in control of his powers, Matt Jr. was.

I've been thinking about that and I wonder if baby Matt can shut off peoples powers as well.

I think it would be hilarious if Sylar goes after Hiro and Ando, only to have all of his powers shut off by a baby....  Wink

The unstoppable Sylar taken down by a toddler still in diapers.... Cheesy

"THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!"
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to: